Valentine’s Day is in the air and we definitely love to gift something unique to our love. Usually, we land up selecting the same old stuff like teddy, chocolates, flowers etc. All these are common things now and we always end up thinking it would have been really great if we could get some different stuff in the market. In this article, we bring for you step by step tutorial for making heart-shaped DIY Photo Frame from cardboard!
Well, well! Why waste time searching for things in the market? Here we bring to you a simple yet elegant photo frame which is not just unique but also adds a personalized touch to make your special day even more special.
Learn how to make an Ice Cream Sticks Storage Box as it is a cool craft!
- Glitter sheet
- Colour paper
- Paper cutter
- Glue stick
- Glue gun
- Decorative pearls
- Decorative stones
Procedure To Make DIY Photo Frame
- Take a cardboard and draw a rectangular box measuring 19*14cm on it.
- In a similar manner, draw an inner rectangular box measuring 16*11 cm inside the outer rectangular box.
- Draw 2 heart shaped frames inside the inner rectangular box. Cut the outer rectangular box.
- Draw an inner heart shape close to the outer heart-shaped frame.
- Cut the inner heart shaped frame.
- Cut another rectangular box of the same dimensions as that of the original one.
- To prepare the frame stand, take a thick cardboard and draw the design as shown.
- Cut the design accordingly and fold it from the base and the top as shown.
Don’t miss to learn How To Make DIY Clutch Bag!
- Take the colour paper and draw the rectangular box of the same dimension as that of the photo frame. We need two such frames to cover the photo frame completely.
- Paste the colour paper on the frame and the stand.
- Take the glitter sheet and draw the outline of the cardboard along with the heart.
- Cut the sheet measuring 16*11 in dimension and cut along the inner heart outline.
- Take a yellow colour sheet and cut out a rectangular outline measuring the 1.5cm width.
- Stick the glitter sheet on the cardboard sheet along with the rectangular box and the heart-shaped outlines.
- Paste the yellow sheet on the outer surface as a boundary.
- Paste the photo frame stand on the backside of the photo frame.
- Decorate the photo frame with pearls and stones.
- Paste the white stones on the inner surface of the heart shaped frames.
- Use decorative large pearls to decorate the borders of the frame.
- Take some golden large size decorative pearls and paste them to fill up the gap between the inner and outer heart-shaped outlines.
- Paste the final decorated frame on the photo frame with the stand.
- Be careful just to paste the 3 sides of the frame and leave the upper part just like that to place your photos inside.
Your photo frame is now ready to use!
Click here to learn how to make the DIY Paper Cupcake Chocolate Box…
Let’s have a look at this step by step video tutorial for making this DIY photo frame!
This is a dynamic decorative photo frame and you can keep your favourite photos inside. You can also change the photos as and when you wish. It looks elegant and you can place it anywhere as you wish. It serves as a perfect gifting option and is easy to make. Using minimal materials, a perfect gift is ready for the Valentine’s Day.
Hope you will enjoy making this craft. Happy Crafting!!
Article Tags: Best out of waste · Cardboard Craft · DIY Craft · DIY Gift Ideas · DIY Photo Frame · Heart Shaped Frame