Walls are an important component of any house and it is equally important to decorate them. No one likes empty walls. There are several decorative items available in the market such as wall paintings, wall decals and stickers, wall hangings etc which can be used to decorate the walls. Wall hangings look attractive and give the walls a unique look. These wall hangings can be easily prepared at home using your creativity. Below is one such elegant wall hanging which can be used as a home decor.
- Quilling needle
- Quilling strips (pink, navy blue, yellow and blue)
- Craft glue
- Satin ribbon
- Decorative pearls
- Plain paper
- Glue stick
- Glue gun
Want to create designs for elegant Quilling home decor? Read more decoration ideas with Duck Quilling Pattern…
Step by Step Procedure to Make Decorative Wall Hanging for Christmas Decoration!
- Take the navy blue quilling strip.
- Use a quilling needle to make a loose coil from the strip.
- Seal the ends using glue.
- Use your fingers to give it the shape of a leaf.
- Take a pink strip and wrap it around the blue leaf to form a dual coloured leaf.
- Make several such leaves and keep it aside.
- Take a yellow and blue quilling strip.
- Join the ends of both the strip.
- Use a quilling needle to form a tight coil.
- Ensure that the yellow strip forms the inner portion of the coil and the blue strips surround the same.
- With your finger, gently push the yellow coil so that it pops out slightly.
- Prepare several such coils and keep aside.
How to make DIY Room Decor with Awesome Paper Quilling Art? Don’t miss to read here….
- Draw a circle on the cardboard using a pencil and a round object.
- With the help of scissors cut out the circle and keep it aside.
- Take a plain sheet and draw another circle of the same dimension, similar to the cardboard.
- Paste the paper circle on the cardboard.
- Draw an inner circle on the cardboard using a pencil.
- Paste the dual coloured leaf on the outer edges of the circle.
Let us see how to make a vibrant peacock feather using Paper Quilling.
- Take 4 pink quilling strips.
- Join the strips end to end.
- Now measure the inner circle on the cardboard with this quilling strip and roll the same to form a circle.
- Seal the edges using glue.
- Paste this pink circle on the inside of the leaf arrangement.
- Paste the blue and yellow small coils on the inside of this pink circle.
- Again make a smaller pink circle and paste it on the inside portion of the dual coloured coils.
Want to make stunning paper spiral flowers for home decoration? Click here for detailed instructions…
- Now take the satin ribbon measuring 2.5*2.5cm in dimension.
- Cut it into equal pieces of this measurement.
- Burn the ribbon strands using a lighter.
- Fold the ribbon pieces into triangular shape.
- Fold it 3 times to obtain the shape of the petal.
- Burn and seal one of the edges. Cut the base of the petal and seal it completely.
- Make several such petals.
Let’s see the tutorial for making elegant Satin Flower DIY Accessories!
- Paste these ribbon petals on the innermost surface of the cardboard leaving the centre blank.
- In the centre stick the yellow and blue coloured coils.
- Decorate the petals using decorative pearls on each of the petals.
- We will now make a paper loop which can be used to hang the decorative piece.
- Take 4 blue strips and stick one another at their ends.
- Roll it around a circular object.
- Seal the ends using craft glue.
- Use your fingers to give it a triangular shape.
- Paste this triangular loop at the back of the circular cardboard.
Your wall hanging is now ready to use. You can use this wall hanging to decorate the walls of your living room or bedroom. It is easy to make and gives an altogether unique look to the walls. Hope you enjoyed making this craft. The video of this wonderful wall hanging is available in the link: https://youtu.be/25j42GVLi_4
Here is the step by step video tutorial on how to make this amazing wall hanging for Diwali decoration!
Originally posted 2016-10-06 04:40:54. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Article Tags: Chirstmas Decoration · Creativity · Decoration Ideas · Diwali Decoration · Diy Crafts · Easy Ideas · Handmade · Home Decor · Paper Crafts · Quilling · wall decor · Wall Hanging
Really beautiful 🙂