Flower accessories are becoming common day by day. It is a form of hair ornamentation. It is used to decorate the hair and serves as a perfect accessory. There are several hair accessories easily available in the market, however, DIY hair accessories can be made at home as well. It is a perfect wear for parties and functions and has a very different look. Below we shall make one such unusual yet attractive flower hair accessory.
- Foam sheet
- Satin ribbons (blue, purple, green, yellow)
- Thread and needle
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Decorative pearls and stones
- Rubber band
If you are looking for beautiful and easy craft idea for girls, then click here to make DIY satin ribbon flower.
Step by Step Procedure for Making DIY Hair Accessories
- Take yellow and green satin ribbons of 2.5cm width.
- Cut the green ribbons into pieces of 9cm each and the yellow ones into 6cm length.
- Fold these ribbon pieces from the centre and seal the folded end for both the yellow and green ribbons using a lighter.
- Take the yellow petal and seal the edges of the petal with a lighter.
- Place the yellow petal inside the green petal, burn and seal the base of the green petal along with the yellow petal.
- Make several such petals and keep them aside.
click here to learn how to make easy DIY satin ribbon flower!
- Draw a circle on the green foam sheet.
- Cut out this circle and apply glue on the edges.
- Stick the dual coloured petals on the outer edges of the circle.
Wish to learn creative and easy craft? Here is an easy guide on how to make satin ribbon butterfly in few steps.
- In a similar fashion, cut blue and purple colour ribbons of length 9 cm and 5 cm respectively.
- Fold the blue and purple ribbon pieces to form petals. Burn the base of the petals to seal them.
- Make multiple such pieces.
- Paste the blue petals next to the dual coloured petals.
- Similarly, arrange the purple petals on the inner side of the blue petals.
Do you want to make an easy stocking tiara for girls? Click here to read more…
- Take navy blue ribbon and cut them into 2.5cm wide pieces.
- Fold these pieces into triangles two times.
- Seal the edges of these triangles to make petals.
- Make multiple such petals.
- Use a thread and needle to sew these petals such that it appears like a flower.
- Paste this flower in the centre of the design.
- Take the decorative pearls and sew them to each petal of the centre flower.
- Use the decorative stones on the flower base to decorate them.
- Apply glue on the backside of the foam paper.
- Paste the rubber band to the foam base.
Let’s have a look at the step by step procedure for making satin ribbon flower DIY hair accessories.
Your satin flower is now ready to use. It is a multi-coloured flower accessory and has the peacock colours embedded in it. It looks very attractive and has an elegant appearance. It is easy to make and all the materials used are easily available. Use this beautiful accessory on the hair and showcase your creativity.
Article Tags: art · Craft for Girls · Diy Crafts · DIY flowers · DIY Hair Accessories · Handmade · Kanzashi Technique · Peacock Shades · Satin Ribbon Flower