Diwali is celebrated using diyas. In each and every household, lighting the diyas is considered to be very auspicious. There are diyas easily available in the market; however we can make decorative diyas which adds an extra spark to the traditional diyas. Here we show you how to make diwali diya decoration from plastic spoons.
Please have a look at step by step procedure for making decorative diyas From Plastic Spoons.
- Plastic spoons
- Paint brush
- Decorative pearls
- Glue gun
- Colour palate
Procedure For Diwali Diya Decoration From Plastic Spoons
- Take a cardboard and draw 3 circles on it.
- Join the circles to each other by making small arcs on the outer surface of the circle.
- Cut the circle along with the arcs.
- Take the plastic spoons.
- Use a colour palate to collect the paint.
- Use yellow, green and red colour to paint the spoons with a paint brush.
- Once the spoons are painted, allow the paint to dry.
- Paint several spoons as we need many pieces for diya decoration.
- Cut the bottom end of the spoon so that we get petal shape pieces.
- Take the cut out cardboard piece.
- Paste the yellow colour spoon petals on one of the circles to form the outer layer of the circle.
- Repeat the same process for the red and green circles as well.
- Next form the inner layer by pasting the spoon in the similar manner as that of the outer layer.
- Decorate the spoon petals by using decorative pearls.
- Place the candle diya in the centre of the decorated item.
- The decorated candles are now ready to use.
Have a look at this step by step video tutorial.
Plastic spoons craft are easily available in the market. We usually throw plastic spoons considering them to be a waste. However, these can be utilized to make excellent Diwali decoration. Hope you enjoyed making this craft. Happy crafting!!
Originally posted 2016-11-05 11:31:37. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Article Tags: Christmas Crafts · Decoration Ideas · Diwali Diyas · Diy Crafts · Diya Decoration · Home Decor · Plastic Spoons Crafts · Recycled Crafts