Crafts are the best way to showcase your talent. These days’ paper crafts are becoming more and more popular as it is one of the environmental friendly ways to prepare a craft. Also, papers are easily available and you can make some amazing crafts like DIY bird nest home decor with it.
How about making a birds nest using newspaper and decorate your home with it. Birds nest looks really beautiful naturally. Birds build their nest using straws and other material and it is really an exciting site to see them build the same. We will try to make a replica of the nest here using old newspaper and old unused household items and you can place it at any corner of your home and it serves as a perfect decor for your home.
So, why wait! Let’s get started.
Things Needed For Making DIY Bird Nest Home Decor
- Divider tool
- Plastic bag
- Dried branches
- Wood finish oil
- Plastic ball
- Ceramic powder
- Artificial flowers
- Cello tape
- Mount board
- Artificial leaves n grass
- Artificial birds
- Hair dryer
Looking for DIY Crafts for Kids? See here how to make DIY string balloon craft nest…
Procedure For Making This DIY Bird Nest Home Decor
- Take a plastic ball and wrap it using a polythene bag.
- Seal the ends using cello tape.
- Take a newspaper and fold it into four equal halves vertically.
- Cut it into equal haves to get small square shapes.
- Take water in a container and add the fevibond to it.
- Use a brush and stick the square pieces to the ball.
- Cover the ball completely using these papers.
- Apply several layers of the newspaper to form a thick base.
- Take a sheet and use a ruler to measure 5 cm on the sheet.
- Use a divider and draw 2 circles of 5 cm radius on the sheet.
- Use a cutter and cut out the circles.
- Similarly, mark 1 cm on the lower and upper end of the sheet and draw a vertical line.
- Cut along the line. We need 2 such pieces.
- Stick the vertical strip on one circle using glue and place the other circle on top of it.
- Keep it aside.
Searching for recycled crafts ideas for kids? Let’s see 5 awesome recycled DIY crafts!
- Take the ball covered in the plastic bag and from the upper end cut out the polythene.
- Squeeze the ball by removing the air from it and take out the ball.
- The outer frame made up of newspaper remains behind.
- Gently remove the polythene bag too from the inner surface of the nest.
- Now take the structure that was prepared in Step 2.
- Use a ruler and measure 2 cm on it.
- With the help of a protractor draw a circle measuring 2 cm in radius on the white circle.
- Cut out the inner circle. This forms the base of the nest.
- Cut out the nest haphazardly to form given it a broken egg look.
- Take ceramic powder in a container and add water and fevibond to it.
- Paint the outer and inner surface of the nest with the same.
- Allow it to dry for some time.
- Take white color paint and add water to it.
- Now again give a coating of white paint on both the surfaces and leave it to dry.
Here is the step by step video tutorial on how to make this amazing wall hanging for Diwali decoration!
- Take the base of the nest and paint the upper surface with green paint.
- Paint the sides using brown color paint and allow it to dry.
- Take few dried branches and cut it into small pieces. We need several such pieces.
- Stick the branches on the sides of the nest to completely cover it with the same.
- Stick the broken egg at the center of the nest.
- Place some cotton inside the hatched egg.
- Place some artificial small eggs inside the same.
- Take the plastic bottle and draw the leaf-like outline on the same.
- Use a cutter to cut along the markings.
- Use a scissor and give it a proper leaf shape.
- Use a blow dryer to make the plastic soft.
- You can now give it the desired shape that you like.
- Here, we are giving it a crumbled leafy shape for the better look.
- Keep this arrangement aside.
- Take the artificial grass and stick it on the surface of the nest.
- Decorate using artificial flowers on the outer side of the nest.
- Place 2 colorful birds inside the nest and one on top of the hatched egg.
- Finally, take the plastic leafy shapes and arrange them on the outer surface of the bottle to complete its look.
Your bird’s nest is now ready to use!!
Don’t miss this Beautiful and Stunning DIY Wall Decoration Using Quilling & Ear Buds!
Here is the step by step video tutorial.
This DIY Bird Nest Home Decor looks amazing and beautiful. You can keep it anywhere in your house and it gives the corner of your house a beautiful appearance.
The materials used for making this DIY Bird Nest Home Decor are all environment-friendly. We have prepared a simple yet elegant bird’s nest here however you can make it look even more attractive based on your imagination.
Try out this DIY Bird Nest Home Decor today and share your feedback and suggestion on the same.